Draft 2010

Chi saranno i nuovi giocatori della Lega nei prossimi anni?
Gabrielr
Stagione da Sophomore

Re: Draft 2010

Messaggioda Gabrielr » 22/06/2010, 15:15

Piccola delucidazione su Wall: ma può giocare assieme ad Arenas?

Io il lungo per i Toronto Raptors non lo prenderei dal draft, il mago deve crescere e per farlo nel migliore dei modi penso che abbia bisogno di un centro vero e con esperienza...io punterei su Haywood ad esempio dai free agent.

Guidus88
All Star Game

Messaggioda Guidus88 » 22/06/2010, 16:04

Ai wizards non interessa se wall o arenas coesisteranno. Wall sarà il loro giocatore franchigia, arenas se non si comporta a modino sarà scambiato oppure marcirà in tribuna per 4 anni alla modica cifra di 80mln di dollari :lol:
Immagine
RESISTENZA BELINELLI N.8

Gabrielr
Stagione da Sophomore

Messaggioda Gabrielr » 22/06/2010, 16:15

La mia era una curiosità dettata anche dal fatto che probabilmente Arenas potrebbe essere scambiato oppure uscire dal contratto...su un sito ho letto di un interessamento dei Lakers, mi pare un po' irreale, però mai dire mai (Arenas, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Bynum, Odom...se coesistessero)

malax8
Scelto al Draft

Messaggioda malax8 » 22/06/2010, 17:57

Arenas ha già tirato la corda fin troppo , dalla sua ha quel mega-contratto ...chi se lo piglia ? fosse a posto fisicamente , al limite , ma sono...2 / 3 anni che non gioca più tra infortuni e squalifiche , chi se la rischia a quel prezzo ? Non l'ho mai amato , in un certo periodo era sicuramente un grande giocatore , egoista , ma che risolveva , il gioco valeva ( forse) la candela , ora mi sembra che sia in piena caduta ...poi magari quest'anno fa 30 punti di media :oops: :oops: :oops:

Guidus88
All Star Game

Messaggioda Guidus88 » 22/06/2010, 19:37

immaginatevi:

Wall = BUST
Arenas 30+10 tutte le sere :D
Immagine
RESISTENZA BELINELLI N.8

Guidus88
All Star Game

Messaggioda Guidus88 » 22/06/2010, 19:48

non so quanti di voi siano insider in espn; vi riporto l'ultimo mock di Chad Ford (uno dei più affidabili in quanto spiega i pick)

Spero di non violare alcuna legge riportandovi il tutto :D

1) John Wall

Wall as the No. 1 pick is still the only sure thing in the draft. He had his workout in Washington D.C. last week, and from all indications it went well.

The task for the Wizards now turns to filling in the spaces around him -- getting a healthy and focused Gilbert Arenas, looking for bargains or perhaps Rudy Gay in free agency, and figuring out how to turn the Wizards into a powerhouse franchise. Adding Wall is a big, big step in the right direction, but only one of many the Wizards are going to have to take.

2) Evan Turner

All the talk about the Sixers considering going big is now fading. After they worked out Derrick Favors and DeMarcus Cousins on June 18, head coach Doug Collins, who was very high on Favors before the workout, fell out of love. Collins was not only concerned about Favors' raw skills, he also wasn't impressed during the interviews.

So at this point I think you can use a Sharpie on Turner at No. 2.

3) Weasly Johnson

We've had Derrick Favors here for months. But after his workout for the Nets on Monday, Favors has fallen behind Johnson on their board, according to sources close to the situation.

The Nets have needs at both the 3 and the 4 and feel they'll be able to land an elite big man, like Carlos Boozer or Amare Stoudemire, through free agency. Meanwhile, they believe Johnson can come in and immediately start at the 3 for them.

4) Derrick Favors

The Timberwolves will be sick to their stomachs if this scenario takes place. The two players they covet are Turner and Johnson. If the Sixers and Nets take them, the Wolves would be left to consider two bigs they aren't entirely comfortable with.

GM David Kahn ripped Favors after his workout in Minnesota, calling him out of shape and saying he wasn't ready to play in the league. And the Wolves haven't even had Cousins in for a workout because he doesn't want to play in Minnesota. Plus, the team has its own concerns about Cousins that probably would keep it from drafting him.

Other players available include Greg Monroe and Al-Farouq Aminu, but I don't see either going this high. This development may push the Wolves to try harder to trade up or out.

5) Demarcus Cousin

Last week, we put Cousins here after a terrific workout in Sacramento over Greg Monroe. What's happened since then? Well, Monroe returned to Sacramento for a second workout, and sources say he wowed them again. In addition, the Kings swapped Nocioni and Hawes for Dalembert, giving them a much-needed shot-blocker and rebounder in the middle.

So where does that leave Sacramento? I hear Cousins might have a slight lead over Monroe, but it's very close. However, more and more, a third option is emerging: Trading the pick. GM Geoff Petrie has zero history of trading down in the draft, but the Kings are actively exploring their options with so many teams pining to get their hands on Cousins -- everyone from Detroit to Boston has been looking at moving up.

6) Greg Monroe

The Warriors are among the most difficult teams in the draft to predict right now. Over the course of the past week, I've heard a number of players were atop their list, including Cousins, Monroe, Al-Farouq Aminu, Xavier Henry, Ekpe Udoh, Patrick Patterson ... I could go on.

To me, this is where the gamesmanship really starts. The Warriors could go in almost any direction. The team itself is a bit of a mess. We're not sure who's going to own the team in a month, the coaching situation is up in the air, players are on the trading block and agents who have had their players work out for Golden State don't particularly want their guys to end up there.

For weeks, the word I've been getting is that Cousins is the guy. If he's off the board, the next closest consensus among sources (and I use the word "consensus" loosely) is Monroe. He reportedly had a bad workout in Golden State, but it might not matter. The Warriors need more size, and Monroe's high basketball IQ and skill level should be a nice fit in Golden State.

7) Ed Davis

Pistons president Joe Dumars has said he wants his team to regain the grit and toughness of past Pistons teams. But picking at No. 7 makes that a bit of a challenge. Detroit is really high on both Cousins and Favors, but most likely it will have to move up in the draft to get one of them.

Monroe is also high on its board, but in our latest scenario, he's gone too. Regardless, the team needs a big man.

For weeks I've had Aminu going to Detroit, but after Aminu canceled his workouts in Detroit, the Pistons have begun looking in other directions.

At this point it looks like it's down to Davis, Udoh or Cole Aldrich. Aldrich is the most NBA-ready center and Udoh is the best shot-blocker of the group. But of the players left on the board, Davis has the most upside. He may be raw, but he's an athletic 6-foot-10 big man with bounce and the ability to crash the boards. The Pistons need to swing for the fences.

8) Al-Farouq Aminu

The Clippers could go in a lot of different directions with this pick, and I keep getting mixed signals.

The latest word has them narrowing the field down to Aminu, Davis, Udoh, Gordon Hayward and Luke Babbitt.

Of those five names, Aminu would be the winner if he was still there at No. 8. The Clippers have a big hole at the 3 and feel he's a top-five talent in the draft. If he's gone, the Clippers' decision is whether to go big or wing. If they go big, I think Davis has the slight edge. If they go with a wing (their biggest need at the moment), it appears that Hayward and Babbitt are neck-and-neck. So which direction will they go?

In that scenario, I think Hayward wins out for two reasons. One, he's got more upside, and two, he's a better defender right now.

9) Luke Babbit

The Jazz are crossing their fingers that Monroe slips to them. If he doesn't, as we've projected here, they have a tough choice. Davis has been moving strongly up their board, but in this mock he's going at No. 7 to Detroit.

The Jazz could still address their need for a big with Udoh, or they can address a big need at the wing. Babbitt, Henry and Hayward are all options the team would be comfortable with.

Which way are they leaning? GM Kevin O'Connor is keeping his cards close to the vest. I think Babbitt has a slight lead over Henry, Hayward and Udoh at the moment. But this one could come down to draft night.

I'll say this: The Jazz have been consistently high on Babbitt all year. They have had success with sweet-shooting small forwards like him, and he can come in and contribute from day one. All that should give him the edge.

10) Ekpe Udoh

The Pacers continue to talk to a number of teams about moving up, down or all the way out of the draft. It's no secret the team needs a point guard, and it's no secret that at No. 10, there probably isn't a point guard worth taking.

So the team now has a tough choice if Davis and Monroe are both off the board: Udoh or Paul George? Udoh gives them something they have lacked for years: a legitimate shot-blocker. George has that silky-smooth shooting touch and upside that Brandon Rush hasn't really displayed in Indiana. Of the two, I think Udoh's leading the charge, but as the Pacers continue to talk trade, someone else could be making this pick.

11) Gordon Hayword

The Hornets have a new head coach, and job No. 1 is filling a pretty large hole in their frontcourt. The Hornets have Emeka Okafor and David West and not much else.

However, the choices of Aldrich and Patterson haven't blown the team away. Both players do not have the sexy upside of other players in the draft.

That could lead the Hornets to the wing, where they eventually have to replace Peja Stojakovic. Hayward has the raw abilities to be a terrific 3 someday. While he struggled with his shot last season, teams think he will adapt well at the next level and has a chance to be a star.

12) Paul George

It's tough to know which way the Grizzlies are leaning. Over the course of the past few weeks, the three names that have gotten the most buzz have been George, Babbitt and Patterson.

After making a huge reach for Hasheem Thabeet at No. 2 last season, you'd think the Grizzlies would go conservative and take either Babbitt or Patterson. While neither player has enormous upside, both are NBA-ready and can provide instant offense.

However, as the process moves on, it appears that George is slowly moving to the front of the pack. How do we know? Because George is in for a second workout in Memphis on Tuesday -- this time in front of owner Michael Heisley. If you read the Memphis Commercial Appeal on Sunday, it's Heisley who makes the final decision in Memphis, not GM Chris Wallace. While George is clearly the biggest risk of the group, he's also the player with the most upside. If he develops his many talents, he could be a superstar.

13) Patrick Patterson

The Raptors could go in a number of different directions here. With Bosh likely out the door, Hedo Turkoglu pining for a trade and the team shopping Jose Calderon, you can expect the team to look radically different next season.

Finding a center is atop GM Bryan Colangelo's list. If Bosh leaves, he'd like to move Andrea Bargnani to the 4. But of the top big men left on the board -- Orton, Whiteside and Solomon Alabi -- none of them is close to being ready.

The Raptors have been looking closely at Avery Bradley, but their inability to find a trade for either Calderon or Jarrett Jack makes taking Bradley a risk. So look for them to focus on the best big man left on the board: Patterson. He may not be a flashy player or filled with upside, but he is tough, plays hard and will be solid at the next level. At pick No. 13, that's all you can ask for. Think of him as this year's Tyler Hansbrough.

14) Cole Aldritch

The Rockets have been another team trying to move up a few spots in the draft. At No. 14, it looks like virtually every player they covet will be off the board. If they can't move up, that should put them in the mode of taking the best player available.

That would be Aldrich, who is a big with the ability to block shots and rebound. He also has a decent face-the-basket game. With Yao Ming's long-term status really up in the air, Aldrich gives them a backup big that should be able to step in and play right away.
Immagine
RESISTENZA BELINELLI N.8

malax8
Scelto al Draft

Messaggioda malax8 » 22/06/2010, 21:11

Davis prima di Aminu ? Non lo avrei detto , ma se il ragazzo fa le bizze è comprensibile . I raptors preferiscono Patterson ad Aldrich , vari mock lo confermano , avranno le loro ragioni ..... i rimbalzi saranno un problema anche quest'anno :(
Comunque sono curioso di vedere come finisce questo draft , penso che i workout abbiano cambiato decisioni che apparivano certe .

Charles
Most Valuable Player
NBA Team: Jazz - Wolves - Clippers
Contatta:

Messaggioda Charles » 22/06/2010, 23:59

Io spero che non prendano Patterson, che secondo me è un gran bel bust.. Felice di essere smentito :D
Do you believe in miracles?? (Federico Buffa)

Guidus88
All Star Game

Messaggioda Guidus88 » 23/06/2010, 0:06

Probabile scambio di pick tra minnesota e menphis:

la 16a per la 25 e la 28. non capisco cosa ci guadagnino i wolves :D
Immagine
RESISTENZA BELINELLI N.8

shaq91
All Star Game
NBA Team: Denver Nuggets

Messaggioda shaq91 » 23/06/2010, 21:03

si vede che alla 16 prevedono di non trovare nessun fuoriclasse e quindi preferiscono la quantità alla qualità se fossi in loro alla 25 e alla 28 prenderei dominique jones (che a me piace tantissimo) e whiteside se fosse ancora libero

Dankun
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda Dankun » 23/06/2010, 23:53

Charles ha scritto:Io spero che non prendano Patterson, che secondo me è un gran bel bust.. Felice di essere smentito :D

Anche perchè non capisco il motivo di prendere Patterson quando sarebbe ancora disponibile un certo Cole Aldrich... non avrà upside, ma questo è proprio quello che serve a Toronto: uno che faccia della difesa e dei rimbalzi il pane quotidiano, poi chissene frega se non ha un tiro dalla media affidabile o non sappia fare 20 punti a partita...

Dark Knight
All Star Game
NBA Team: Linsanity

Messaggioda Dark Knight » 24/06/2010, 0:10

Mi rendo conto che questo scatenerà delle reazioni forti, ma di Lopez cosa si diceva? non che si parlasse proprio un granchè meglio.... Tanto che finì alla 10.
La lettura del futuro di un lungo è forse l'arte più difficile... e a parte quando il parere è univoco in genere è un grosso rischio.

Prendere il buon Aldrich alla 13 può farti sembrare conservativo e per scottato, Whiteside alla 23 se è brocco era una 23, se esplode sei il più figo del mondo....
Informazioni sul CUS Padova Basket in Carrozzina:
http://www.cuspadova.it/a_basket.php

lol
you'll be dreamshaked

Messaggioda lol » 24/06/2010, 9:26

Dark Knight ha scritto:Mi rendo conto che questo scatenerà delle reazioni forti, ma di Lopez cosa si diceva? non che si parlasse proprio un granchè meglio.... Tanto che finì alla 10.
La lettura del futuro di un lungo è forse l'arte più difficile... e a parte quando il parere è univoco in genere è un grosso rischio.

Prendere il buon Aldrich alla 13 può farti sembrare conservativo e per scottato, Whiteside alla 23 se è brocco era una 23, se esplode sei il più figo del mondo....

Beh insomma... Lopez era un top 5 fino a 5 minuti prima del draft, poi -ne ignoro i motivi- fini cosi in basso, tant'è che la ESPN ad ogni scelta dopo la 5 lo inquadrava sempre più disperato perchè lui stesso era convinto di andare molto, ma molto più in alto.

Guidus88
All Star Game

Messaggioda Guidus88 » 24/06/2010, 11:57

Dark Knight ha scritto:Mi rendo conto che questo scatenerà delle reazioni forti, ma di Lopez cosa si diceva? non che si parlasse proprio un granchè meglio.... Tanto che finì alla 10.

Aldritch è un giocatore fatto e finito
Lopez era un centro che rischiava di essere un Patrick O'brien 2 la vendetta :D

senza contare che in quel draft le prime 3 pick erano fatte da tempo! poi le squadre scelsero in base ai loro bisogni e non al potenziale!
Immagine
RESISTENZA BELINELLI N.8

The Huge
Moderatore
NBA Team: Olimpia Milano
Contatta:

Messaggioda The Huge » 24/06/2010, 13:50

lol ha scritto:Beh insomma... Lopez era un top 5 fino a 5 minuti prima del draft, poi -ne ignoro i motivi- fini cosi in basso, tant'è che la ESPN ad ogni scelta dopo la 5 lo inquadrava sempre più disperato perchè lui stesso era convinto di andare molto, ma molto più in alto.

Credo, ma non ne sono sicuro quindi meglio aspettare Charles per conferma, che proprio la notte di quel Draft, fuori dalla green room, si sparse una voce che Lopez era rotto.

Torna a “Campionato NCAA e Mock Draft NBA”