Stagione 2008/2009

Tutte le discussioni inerenti la franchigia canadese (Andrea Bargnani escluso!)
zizzi
do you believe in miracles?
Contatta:

Stagione 2008/2009

Messaggioda zizzi » 28/10/2008, 12:05

discutiamo qua la stagione dei raps...
"Al Mondo ci sono 2 tipi di persone: i ben pensanti e quelli che invece usano il cervello. I primi credono che a muovere il mondo siano i ruoli e la morale che loro stessi hanno creato, mentre gli altri, quelli come me, non ci badano."

topomaledettotopo
Free Agent!

Re: Stagione 2008/2009

Messaggioda topomaledettotopo » 28/10/2008, 15:24

in bocca al lupo Andrea
Immagine
RafT grande saggio sei sempre nei nostri cuori
Immagine
RESISTENZA DATOME #2

il mago94
Scelto al Draft

Messaggioda il mago94 » 28/10/2008, 17:12

con l'arrivo di jermaine o'neil e roko ukic,play ke in italia ha fatto molto bene,i raptors si sn potenziati molto.Bosh,resterà il punto di attacco principale insieme a JO.Vedo molto bn anke il mago ke si è irrobustito parecchio e ha migliorato il gioco in post, alterna buone soluzioni in attacco ed è molto aggressivo, si fa sentire a rimbalzo e attacca costantemente il canestro cn decisione, credo ke per lui sia l'anno dell'esplosione.altri aquisti importanti sono stati quelli di adams e solomon ke da quanto ho potuto vedere nella preseason sn dei buoni giocatori.cn le riconferme di humpries,calderon,moon,kapono e parker, credo che toronto possa fare una buonissima stagione e dire la sua anke nei playoff.

Andrea siamo tt con te!!!!!!!!!!!vai mago!!!!!!!!!!!!

piceale90
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda piceale90 » 28/10/2008, 18:31

il mago94 ha scritto:con l'arrivo di jermaine o'neil e roko ukic,play ke in italia ha fatto molto bene,i raptors si sn potenziati molto.Bosh,resterà il punto di attacco principale insieme a JO.Vedo molto bn anke il mago ke si è irrobustito parecchio e ha migliorato il gioco in post, alterna buone soluzioni in attacco ed è molto aggressivo, si fa sentire a rimbalzo e attacca costantemente il canestro cn decisione, credo ke per lui sia l'anno dell'esplosione.altri aquisti importanti sono stati quelli di adams e solomon ke da quanto ho potuto vedere nella preseason sn dei buoni giocatori.cn le riconferme di humpries,calderon,moon,kapono e parker, credo che toronto possa fare una buonissima stagione e dire la sua anke nei playoff.

Andrea siamo tt con te!!!!!!!!!!!vai mago!!!!!!!!!!!!

Molto ottimistico, ma sono le speranze di tutti quindi mi unisco agli auguri.

p.s. scrivi senza "k" e non abbreviare le parole come "cn" o "bn" :wink:
Out here in the fields
I fight for my meals
I get my back into my living
I don't need to fight
To prove I'm right
I don't need to be forgiven

Don't cry
Don't raise your eye
It's only teenage wasteland

The Huge
Moderatore
NBA Team: Olimpia Milano
Contatta:

Messaggioda The Huge » 25/11/2008, 2:58

ello class, today we are going to show you the formula on how to become a dominant team within your conference. It’s really a quite simple formula: win. It doesn’t get more basic than that, but if you want to break it down even further, you need to win 50% of your games against teams better than you and 75% of games against teams below you in the standings. Of course you need to be a good team to begin with and can’t be a cellar dweller, but that goes without saying ...and yet I still said it.

A Toronto team that has so far struggled against teams better than them in the standings but have fared quite well against teams below them haven’t quite attended that class yet. If they want to make any noise in the playoffs this season, let alone regular season, they are going to have to find a way to beat teams like the Boston Celtics and Detroit Pistons among others, something they have failed to do thus far. Early in the 08-09 campaign, they are 0-4 against teams better than them in the East.

Principally, two participants are the ones that will be blamed: the players and the coach.

Players are the ones who go out there and play the game, which probably drives a lot of coaches nuts because they think they can do it all, all they lack is one fundamental quality that almost all NBA players have: skill. But, in order to perform you do need a good teacher.

YouTube sensation Chris Bosh has developed into a premiere all-star under the guidance of Sam Mitchell, but what about his own development as a head coach in one of the biggest markets in the association? In Kevin Rudolf’s song ‘Let It Rock,’ he blatantly states that when he arrives he “brings the fire.” Maybe he can teach Mitchell a few things because he brings the same cold ice every game. Raptors fans know what I’m talking about: the ‘pick and roll,’ as well as its sister the ‘pick and pop.’ It’s not a bad play, a quite useful one actually, but when it’s your primary offensive weapon, you need not wonder anymore why you’ve been bounced out of the first round of the playoffs for two straight seasons.

Basically, this week was a perfect example of the Raptors not relishing the opportunity and taking advantage of a somewhat easy week. It was a Florida sandwich as they faced Miami, Orlando, and then Miami again. Even with the off-season changes in Miami they are a fringe playoff team at best and it was for all intensive purposes, an easy two wins. So, all they had to do was step up their game and beat an Orlando team that will be challenging the Raptors all season long for home court advantage in the playoffs. They managed to shut down Dwight Howard, but then allowed others around him to put up numbers that exceed their season averages.

Do I blame that on a lack of coaching prowess? Heck Yes! (Yeah, I know ...Napoleon Dynamite much?)

A New Jersey Nets team not many expect to make the playoffs faced off with your beloved Raptors last night, and for all intensive purposes stole one. They are a team that shouldn’t be much of a threat on the road and should be handled quite easily. That’s exactly what the Raptors were doing until midway through the 3rd quarter when they were up 18 points. Even with the stellar play of Bosh, Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon, the Nets came back to send the game to overtime. It was some of the best coaching I’ve ever witnessed; the plays drawn up after timeouts and in the clutch were simply amazing.

Yuck ...disgusting. I’m not talking about Sam Mitchell.

A coach of the opposing team once again proved how important coaching is and how much it is invisible in Toronto. The Vince Carter dunk with 1.5 seconds left in overtime was a thing to marvel at. If only Toronto had such a coach. But, he was too busy changing his designer eyeglasses (at least he wants to give the perception that he’s a good coach by dressing all proper). His lack of ability to realize that Vince Carter was heating up and not doubling team him until it was too late no doubt left many of the coaches sitting on their couches at home wondering WTF! He also decided not to foul when the Nets were stuck 3 with only seconds left. Again, WTF!

It was a wasted opportunity and hopefully come playoff time it’s a game that doesn’t cost them home court.

Much of the night Frank was applauded for his coaching decisions and although the broadcast team on TSN didn’t say it, you can tell a few times they were left scratching their heads with what Mitchell was doing in the second half. Without good coaching they will continue to have mediocre success against elite teams in the league, and more importantly within their conference.

So, it’s time for a change. If the Raptors continue at this .500 pace it’s no doubt a change Bryan Colangelo will realize he has to make; it’s much easier to fire the coach than fire the players. When your best players are playing like your best players and you’re still losing, you can’t blame anyone else.

In the words of Jack Armstrong, “Get that Gahhhhhhhbage outta here!”

Ahahahah!

bobberto
All Star Game
NBA Team: Lakers

Messaggioda bobberto » 25/11/2008, 15:53

Hoopsworld ha scritto:Tick Tock – Sam Mitchell Is On The Clock: The Toronto Raptors have not played as well as they have expected. Over the last four games they have been even worse, prompting a meeting between head coach Sam Mitchell and team President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo. The meeting was closed door and "confidential" according to Raptors sources. It is believed that Colangelo wanted to jump start his coach and hopefully his struggling team. Mitchell followed that meeting up with one of his most aggressive practices to date and seems energized by the talk. It's unclear of Colangelo put Mitchell on the hot seat, or gave him a vote of confidence, either way it does seem Colangelo has concerns about his coach. Mitchell after practice characterized the meeting as positive, stressing that it was important for the team to stay together.

"We've been down this road before," Mitchell said to the Toronto Sun. "It seems in the first month and a half of the season, we go through something like this.

"It didn't look like that in the first three games of the season and even in some of the losses, we played well. One thing we've learned, and myself as a coach learned, we have to go back and emphasize the basics, remain patient, understand that we still have young players just starting in the NBA and not to panic.

"We've always come out of it because we stayed together as a team. Coaches didn't blame the players and players didn't blame the coach. We're all in this together and we all take equal blame."

We believe
A mom a key no look fa ee book in

raf
I love this Mago
NBA Team: San Antonio Spurs

Messaggioda raf » 25/11/2008, 16:04

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"gli uomini passano, le idee restano, restano le loro tensioni morali, e continueranno
a camminare sulle gambe di altri uomini" g.f.

J.D. Rules
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda J.D. Rules » 01/12/2008, 20:01

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=857348
Si parla di un rumor su uno scambio J.R. Smith per Parker. Che ne pensate? Smith è un giocatore fumantino però un indiscusso talento. certo in difesa non è proprio un fenomeno. anzi. Io cmq fossi in toronto lo farei
Ammaccabanane

maurom
Most Valuable Player

Messaggioda maurom » 01/12/2008, 22:11

Ci sarebbe anche la prima scelta nel prossimo draft che non è poi poco. Comunque JR sarebbe un notevole miglioramento per i Raps.

Bargnani is Rock
All Star Game

Messaggioda Bargnani is Rock » 01/12/2008, 22:12

Ma davvero i Nuggets scambierebbero J.R. per Parker?
Fenomeno 8)

Immagine Immagine

maurom
Most Valuable Player

Messaggioda maurom » 01/12/2008, 22:20

Entrambi sono in scadenza, i Nuggets ricaverebbero la prima scelta dei Raps nel prossimo Draft e i Raps migliorerebbero il loro reparto esterni anche se la difesa di JR non è che sia propriamente il pezzo migliore del repertorio.

santruzzo
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda santruzzo » 01/12/2008, 23:04

Che non cambierebbe granchè solo che al posto di un giocatore discontinuo ne prenderebbero uno forse ancora più discontinuo e con la testa non troppo a posto
T-mac...........do you believe in miracles

The Huge
Moderatore
NBA Team: Olimpia Milano
Contatta:

Messaggioda The Huge » 02/12/2008, 2:20

Ma infatti non mi sembra sta gran trade, visto che cambierebbe davvero poco e ti toglierebbe una scelta, cosa che i Raps praticamente non fanno dal 2006 con la chiamata di Andrea.

Bah ... :roll:

maomer
All Star Game

Messaggioda maomer » 02/12/2008, 8:52

per me avrebbe molto più bisogno il sistema dei Nuggets di un Anthony Parker che quello dei Raptors di un JR Smith

maurom
Most Valuable Player

Messaggioda maurom » 02/12/2008, 11:10

Scambio che se va in porto (dubito) porta solo un pò più di talento offensivo ai Raps, JR rimane una testa particolare ma a basket sà giocare, nella totale nullità di schemi dell'attacco canadese è uno che il tiro a differenza di Parker e soprattutto di Kapono se lo costruisce anche da solo. E poi è un ragazzo di neanche 24 anni, se han voglia di puntare su di lui potrebbero farlo, Parker con tutto il massimo rispetto rimane un onestisimo giocatore che và per i 34.

Sul discorso scelta se i Raps non vanno in lotteria (come continuo a pensare) la scelta per me è spendibilissima, non sono un espertissimo ma leggo e sento molti analisti che indicano il Draft 2009 come uno dei più scarni degli ultimi anni, si faticano ad intravedere talenti per le prime 10 scelte figuriamoci quando sei intorno alla 20.

Tutto dipende dalla strategia dei Raps, Parker e JR hanno contratti similari, rinnovare Parker credo sia fuori discussione per una questione anagrafica, se vogliono rimanere su quel range di spesa per la guardia non è che trovi tanto di meglio in giro.

Torna a “Toronto Raptors”