L'angolo dell'intervista

Rise and fall di un giocatore che o si ama o si odia. Noi lo abbiamo amato, finchè è durata!
The Huge
Moderatore
NBA Team: Olimpia Milano
Contatta:

L'angolo dell'intervista

Messaggioda The Huge » 02/12/2009, 19:31

Stavo leggendo in rete le varie interviste dopo la partita con i Wizard, e mi è venuto in mente che si poteva aprire una sezione per postare e commentare le interviste dei Raptors, così per capire che tipo di demenza alberga nelle menti di staff tecnico e giocatori.

Inizio dai commenti post-partita appunto con Washington!

"I thought we had good looks," said Raptors head coach Jay Triano. "They changed up their coverages, but I thought we had the right guys shooting the basketball. What are you gonna do?"

"We've gotta try to finish the games, try to play for a full game," said Calderon. "We've been talking about that all season. We did a much better job today, but we just couldn't finish. We missed some shots, and (there were) some turnovers."

"I'm not going to take the ball out of his hands (Turkoglu)," said Triano. "He's a guy who has made plays in the past, and he feels as bad about it as anybody. We do it again and we give him the basketball. He's a guy who can make plays for people."

"When Arenas and Jamison got it going a bit, we had to bring a guy over to help," Triano said. "And when you bring a guy over to help, you're in a tough spot for rebounding on the weak side. We got the help we needed, we got the stop we wanted, but you're susceptible to offensive rebounds."

"They gave me the ball when they needed it and I lost the ball that was a really big-time for us," Turkoglu said. "It just slipped out of my hands. I really don't have much to say about it.

"I've been in that situation a lot in my life. I've had game winners and I've had shots that didn't go in and we lose the game. You learn from those and don't do the same mistakes in the next situation."

La sensazione è che Triano non ne abbia un'idea, di quello che dice Calderon invece ... :roll:

The Huge
Moderatore
Contatta:

Re: L'angolo dell'intervista

Messaggioda The Huge » 04/12/2009, 16:43

Dopo la disfatta con gli Hawks:

At least they're not the New Jersey Nets.

It might not be much, but after a spectacular 146-115 loss to the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday, fans of the struggling Toronto Raptors need something in which to take solace. Right now, the comparison to the Nets might be the only comfort.

The Raptors' losing streak is at five games and they have lost eight of their last 10. But the loss to the Hawks was especially tough in that it proved beyond any doubt (if there was any left) there is no "D" in the Raps' defence. Some players have begun to point fingers at head coach Jay Triano.

According to a report in the Toronto Star, several Raptors would like more accountability for defensive miscues.

"Every time something happens it's always, 'It's okay, it's all right.' It's not all right," guard Jarrett Jack told the Star. "Problems go by without attacking them or challenging them or bringing them to the forefront and getting them solved. We can't keep keep putting them to the back of the bus and just saying, 'That's okay.' It's not all right.

"Everybody can't walk on eggshells around here and say, 'We're playing good basketball.' We're not."

Jack was not the only player to speak out.

"You've got to address (the defensive issues) and you've got to show people on tape. It's not personal. If you want to win, you're going to have to make some sacrifices," Antoine Wright told the newspaper.

The Hawks used the Raptors' shoddy defence jumpstart their offence. Atlanta had not scored over 90 points in three of their last four games and the game where they topped 90 was a win against the Philadelphia 76ers, a team riding an eight-game losing streak.

Atlanta's point totals over their previous four games are as follows 88 (loss at New Orleans), 76 (loss to Orlando), 100 (win at Philadelphia) and 88 (loss at Detroit).

"We didn't magically appear last on the charts defensively," Chris Bosh told reporters. "Defensive effort hasn't been there for a while. ... I mean, tonight was just a total embarrassment."

Coming into this season the Raptors were not pretending to be a strong defensive team. Their offseason additions all were - save for Reggie Evans - offence-minded players. And Evans, out with a foot injury, has been missed, but he is not going to turn the team around by himself next time he takes to the court.

As it stands, the Raptors sit fourth in the NBA in points per game (105.3), but are second-last in points surrendered (111.0). If the trend continues, the math just won't add up to a winning season.

Bosh, who becomes a free agent at season's end, believes it is an issue of team pride.

"We've got to care about it," he said following the loss in Atlanta. "That's what it comes down to. Have some pride. Without that pride teams just score at will, like [the Hawks] did tonight.

"The past few games we have been outworked in every aspect. We don't get on the ground. We don't consistently get rebounds. We give up a lot of points in the paint. No coverage is good for us. I mean it's just not a good team."

setset60
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda setset60 » 06/12/2009, 14:42

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 697887fdfc
Raptors grapple with communication breakdowns
Dave Feschuck Sports Reporter
2009/12/04 12:34:53

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Raptors held an hour-long team meeting on Friday morning to discuss key issues affecting their down-spiralling season.

Among the topics on the agenda: The need for better communication between the players from North America and the ones from Europe.

"A lot of times we let the simple things – a guy being from Italy – make the decision on whether you want to talk to that guy, or to the next guy," said Antoine Wright, the California-born reserve swingman. "If we want to win, we need to talk to each other. (The meeting) did a good job in addressing that problem."

Feschuk: Communication problems btwn Euros, Americans?

Not everybody in the room sees it the same way. Jack, a product of Maryland, pointed out that he has a fine relationship with Marco Belinelli, the Italian guard. It helps that they share the same agent.

"I say some things in Italian now that I didn't know before. My number 1 thing for him, because he's got, like, 8 per cent or 9 per cent body fat, so I call him ciccione - it means fatboy, in Italian. (Bargnani) taught me (to say) hoodie, that's a capuccio. I'm getting there."

:lol: ancora i cookies?

The Huge
Moderatore
Contatta:

Messaggioda The Huge » 10/12/2009, 13:15

Ma Wright si riferisce a Gherardini?

Cmq ecco la dichiarazione di Triano dopo la sconfitta con i Bucks:

"Other guys got a chance to step up today and I don't think anybody really did," Raptors coach Jay Triano said. "It came down to not being able to get stops. We had matchup problems all night long."

In pratica rotazioni accorciate d'ora in avanti ...

setset60
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda setset60 » 10/12/2009, 16:18

The Huge ha scritto:Ma Wright si riferisce a Gherardini?
si riferiva proprio a Marco ed Andrea.
Wright ha continuato anche nei giorni successivi. questa è di due giorni fa, prima della sconfitta di ieri:
"Coach is coaching us differently now. He's pointing out guys on tape and just holding guys accountable," said Wright. "And you can see other guys getting on guys."

Wright said Hedo Turkoglu, the soft-spoken forward, has even raised his voice.

"(Turkoglu) has been very vocal these last couple of days about what he wants from (Andrea) Bargnani and what he wants from (Marco) Belinelli. That's just been helping us a lot. Turks is talking. ... We need him to get those guys on track when we can't connect with 'em," said Wright.

The division Wright spoke of – he and other American-born Raptors have referred to the club's European players as "those guys," among other descriptors – is real, but not unworkable. And there are those who continue to reach out. On Monday, as practice was winding down, Italy's Belinelli swapped soccer kicks with Memphis's Sonny Weems
"noi abbiamo bisogno che turko tenga in controllo quei ragazzi.." :roll: brutte dichiarazioni..
come se volesse sottolineare una divisione tra 'noi' e 'quelli' e magari anche scaricare su 'quelli' qualche colpa.

The Huge
Moderatore
Contatta:

Messaggioda The Huge » 10/12/2009, 16:33

"Get those guys on track" è anche più duro, significa metterli in riga.

Mi stupisce che nessuno della società dica niente, se queste dichiarazioni sono vere.

Poi sentirle fare a quel cane di Wright ... :roll:

fagiu
Pagliaccio psicotico

Messaggioda fagiu » 10/12/2009, 16:44

Euros suck

Gabbo
Il Mago

Messaggioda Gabbo » 10/12/2009, 17:02

Mah, se parla wright allora :D
"Dottor/
Professor/
Truffatore/
Imbroglione"

Rickett
Most Valuable Player

Messaggioda Rickett » 10/12/2009, 18:07

Wright o è razzista o è mighty.

maurom
Most Valuable Player

Messaggioda maurom » 10/12/2009, 18:14

Quanto vorrei un intervista di Bargnani che insulta velatamente qualche compagno come stanno facendo sti scarponi. Wright ha mani quadrate non difende piu da 15 partite e parla, vabbe...
"I think that the champions come out for the pressure. So if you're not good under pressure, then you're just a mediocre player. And I don't want to be a mediocre player. I want to win championships." - Danilo Gallinari

Gabbo
Il Mago

Messaggioda Gabbo » 10/12/2009, 18:35

Ma era meglio di delfino eh :lol: :lol:
"Dottor/
Professor/
Truffatore/
Imbroglione"

DanDan
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda DanDan » 10/12/2009, 18:55

Ultimissime, dichiarazione shock di Bargnani su ESPN :evil: :

"I think that Antoine - Wright the California-born reserve swingman - is a scarpone with square hands. He can't wash my shoes and he talks to the journalist...mah"

(magari)

giginho93
All Star Game

Messaggioda giginho93 » 10/12/2009, 19:55

DanDan ha scritto:Ultimissime, dichiarazione shock di Bargnani su ESPN :evil: :

"I think that Antoine - Wright the California-born reserve swingman - is a scarpone with square hands. He can't wash my shoes and he talks to the journalist...mah"

(magari)

:D :D :D
ma che parla wright che non sa neanche con che lettera comincia il basket??
RESISTENZA BELINELLI N°1

maurom
Most Valuable Player

Messaggioda maurom » 10/12/2009, 20:38

DanDan ha scritto:Ultimissime, dichiarazione shock di Bargnani su ESPN :evil: :

(magari)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Daje Andrea facce sta dichiarazione :lol:
"I think that the champions come out for the pressure. So if you're not good under pressure, then you're just a mediocre player. And I don't want to be a mediocre player. I want to win championships." - Danilo Gallinari

ThePirate
All Star Game

Messaggioda ThePirate » 10/12/2009, 22:54

Certo che... una cosa è che queste questioni sorgano all'interno dello spogliatoio...
che ci sia questa divisone tra americani e europei (italiani in particolare a quanto leggo), TUTT'ALTRO E' CHE UN OMBREALLAIO QUALE WRIGHT VADA A DIRE A MEZZA STAMPA CERTE COSE FACENDO SOTTINTENDERE CHISSA' QUALE COMPORTAMENTO SCORRETTO DA PARTE DEI NOSTRI!! :shock: :shock:

Ma torni a pelare le patate...
o a badare le pecore se preferisce!
Wow that's it, that's your best shot?!? [IL MAGO vs. Dunleavy]

Torna a “Andrea Bargnani”