Eurolega 2011/12

Eurolega, Eurocup ma anche Liga ACB, la Bundesliga, il campionato greco e quello turco.
Fausto
NBA Legend

Re: Eurolega 2011/12

Messaggioda Fausto » 23/11/2011, 17:07

sundance ha scritto:I really miss watching basketball.

Yes man, but watch WNBA isnt the solution for your problems... :lol:

http://www.lflus.com/

:lol: 8)
Non è un rinoceronte, un bufalo o una tigre – e ce ne sono in circolazione a branchi, nell’Nba. E’ un delfino: razza rara. Le sue movenze sono vellutate ma veloci, in un continoum affascinante.

sundance
Free Agent!

Messaggioda sundance » 23/11/2011, 19:17

fagiu ha scritto:NBA "superteams" joining the Euroleague? I don't know: sure, it could be an interesting clash of styles and a new challenge, but I suspect we'd see a lot of boring, ridiculous mismatches or embarrassing, halfhearted performances from U.S. stars.

A combination of DWade and Lebron is definitely a challenge in any league, and perhaps a mismatch. But boring? Or are you getting caught up in names only? Even a Bulls team with their single star player Rose could be a challenger in Euroleague because of their team defense.

I'd like to see what it would be like if the NBA structured their season like the europeans. I just don't think there would be much interest from American fans though.

Fausto ha scritto:Yes man, but watch WNBA isnt the solution for your problems... :lol:

http://www.lflus.com/

:lol: 8)

to each their own :roll: (hint: I'm not a guy)
RESISTANCE Belinelli N ° 13

Hip hip, Jorge!

Darkman
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda Darkman » 24/11/2011, 1:34

Unics vince a Siena con un Domercant pazzesco e con una grandinata di triple...loro hanno giocato la partita perfetta...Mens Sana sottotono Zisis e Stonerook offensivamente inesistenti e quasi la ripredevamo cin un Mccalebb monumetale da 22 con 9su11 da 2 e Lavrinovic che sbaglia 2 liberi fondamentali per il -2 a un minuto dalla fine...ora ce la dobbiamo giocare fino in fondo.
Immagine

Palerio
Most Valuable Player
Contatta:

Messaggioda Palerio » 24/11/2011, 1:55

sundance ha scritto:Forgive me if this is totally out of the blue, but the lockout got me thinking. If there was no salary cap at all in the NBA, there would be some stacked teams happening, like Miami and New York (assuming no road block in signing Chris Paul) and Dallas, perhaps LA. Of course it's not a foregone conclusion these teams always win championships, but they would be hard to beat with prime players. What would you think if these superteams also competed in Euroleague? How much interest would you have in seeing them join?

Also do European teams have the same problems as the NBA? Is there a cap on how much a team can spend? Sorry for all the questions...I really miss watching basketball. :(

I'll be honest I'd be thrilled with the idea of seeing teams like Lakers,Dallas,Miami etc... playing the Euroleague, I mean, who wouldn't? :oops:
Nonetheless, I reckon that playing against these "superteams" wouldn't be fair at all for the rest of the teams involved in this competition, although I think there are few of them like Barcellona, Cska maybe even Real Madrid that could beat them in a pretty tight game, trying to take advantage of the only edge that they've got: the organization, the double-team and probably the size of the court, yes you heard me right, this is a big handicap for American teams that generally like to play in open spaces sometimes without even thinking to what they're doing, but this a very hypothetical conjecture; I still think that in a very long run like the Euroleague an American team would prevail on the others anyway.
It would be unfair because of the salary cap as well, there's not limit around here, like Fagiu countered you. In Europe if you earn 1M per annum it means that you're a really good player, in America 1M is the price that you pay for the masseur...
How can you compete against these teams? You simply can't, the gap is too wide and I'm not just talking about the talent of the players, which is of course peerless, but I'm talking about the money involved in the Nba, which is a massive business.

In other respects if we're talking about the visibility of a sport like basketball, which is occasionally followed, specially in Italy, compared to sport like soccer, I suppose it would be a benefit for the old country if a Nba team would join the Euroleague playing for the whole season among them.
The share of the people following basketball would rocket out of all proportion.
In Italy we've got a really funny story, we call it "the Bryant case" :lol:, I think you know what happened, if you don't I will explain it to you another time because I'm dwelling and waffling on this post.
Basically the sport papers and us(the people of the forum) have discussed more about basketball in 15days, when Bryant was expected to come to Italy than in the last 10 years combined, which should get you thinking.
I also agree with the manoeuvre of the european summit that allows to sign former nba player, for few months or more, if you can afford the expense you buy them if you don't you keep playing with your players, just to increase the audience of the game.

I hope I helped you to clarify some of your doubts.

Regards, Palerio.

Darkman
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda Darkman » 24/11/2011, 2:07

Palerio ha scritto:
sundance ha scritto:Forgive me if this is totally out of the blue, but the lockout got me thinking. If there was no salary cap at all in the NBA, there would be some stacked teams happening, like Miami and New York (assuming no road block in signing Chris Paul) and Dallas, perhaps LA. Of course it's not a foregone conclusion these teams always win championships, but they would be hard to beat with prime players. What would you think if these superteams also competed in Euroleague? How much interest would you have in seeing them join?

Also do European teams have the same problems as the NBA? Is there a cap on how much a team can spend? Sorry for all the questions...I really miss watching basketball. :(

I'll be honest I'd be thrilled with the idea of seeing teams like Lakers,Dallas,Miami etc... playing the Euroleague, I mean, who wouldn't? :oops:
Nonetheless, I reckon that playing against these "superteams" wouldn't be fair at all for the rest of the teams involved in this competition, although I think there are few of them like Barcellona, Cska maybe even Real Madrid that could beat them in a pretty tight game, trying to take advantage of the only edge that they've got: the organization, the double-team and probably the size of the court, yes you heard me right, this is a big handicap for American teams that generally like to play in open spaces sometimes without even thinking to what they're doing, but this a very hypothetical conjecture; I still think that in a very long run like the Euroleague an American team would prevail on the others anyway.
It would be unfair because of the salary cap as well, there's not limit around here, like Fagiu countered you. In Europe if you earn 1M per annum it means that you're a really good player, in America 1M is the price that you pay for the masseur...
How can you compete against these teams? You simply can't, the gap is too wide and I'm not just talking about the talent of the players, which is of course peerless, but I'm talking about the money involved in the Nba, which is a massive business.

In other respects if we're talking about the visibility of a sport like basketball, which is occasionally followed, specially in Italy, compared to sport like soccer, I suppose it would be a benefit for the old country if a Nba team would join the Euroleague playing for the whole season among them.
The share of the people following basketball would rocket out of all proportion.
In Italy we've got a really funny story, we call it "the Bryant case" :lol:, I think you know what happened, if you don't I will explain it to you another time because I'm dwelling and waffling on this post.
Basically the sport papers and us(the people of the forum) have discussed more about basketball in 15days, when Bryant was expected to come to Italy than in the last 10 years combined, which should get you thinking.
I also agree with the manoeuvre of the european summit that allows to sign former nba player, for few months or more, if you can afford the expense you buy them if you don't you keep playing with your players, just to increase the audience of the game.

Regards, Palerio.

:shock:

Ma vai a scuola a Oxford? Complimenti per il tuo inglese :approved:
Immagine

Gabbo
Il Mago

Messaggioda Gabbo » 24/11/2011, 2:38

trying to take advantage of the only edge that they've got: the organization, the double-team and probably the size of the court,

And FIBA rules in my opinion...Duncan didn't like it :lol:

Brutta sconfitta per Siena veramente incasina il percorso della squadra.
Quest'anno Siena mi pare soffra più che altro di continuità, ho visto partite in cui la squadra era sinfonia in movimento ed altre in cui mi pareva una squadra come tante (con qualche Kg in meno di altre)
"Dottor/
Professor/
Truffatore/
Imbroglione"

sundance
Free Agent!

Messaggioda sundance » 24/11/2011, 20:43

Darkman ha scritto:
Palerio ha scritto:I'll be honest I'd be thrilled with the idea of seeing teams like Lakers,Dallas,Miami etc... playing the Euroleague, I mean, who wouldn't? :oops:

Regards, Palerio.

:shock:

Ma vai a scuola a Oxford? Complimenti per il tuo inglese :approved:

Grazie Palerio. I agree with Darkman, your English is exceptional. My concern was more about the lockout than how the NBA could be beneficial to Euroleague. I was trying to figure how the NBA could maintain fan interest especially in small markets, if players have their way with these contract negotiations. Personally I don't like the idea of a franchise tag, or putting any sort of restriction on where a free agent wants to go, but if larger markets buy up superstars, how do other, not so attractive teams compete? I think the NBA should pattern itself more like FIBA (surprise!) and separate into different levels of competition. There would be a highly competitive tier (stocked with players who can command ridiculous salaries), a medium tier (teams that have drafted well with talented players on rookie contracts), and the 'forever LA Clippers' tier. They'd each have their own championship and teams could move up or down according to their record. It's a solution I think owners wouldn't be obligated to try to spend as much as their bigger counterparts.

As far as NBA superteams in Euroleague, I agree there's a gap now. But in a few years, who knows? Fans will have the chance to watch the NBA on their home court, which adds to NBA's global presence and allows Euroleague to grow. All of which might lessen the migration of european talent, especially if teams grow big enough that they can afford to keep them.
RESISTANCE Belinelli N ° 13

Hip hip, Jorge!

REDDEN
NBA Legend

Messaggioda REDDEN » 25/11/2011, 2:39

voglio andare controcorrente come al solito...ho letto critiche su belinelli quando ancora non scendeva in campo,sul mago che ne mette 30 ma non prende rimbalzi,sul gallo che si sbatte ma non è ancora il magic johnson italiano,mordente che è finito,mancinelli che è inguardabile....pero' mai su basile..oggi lo bastono io..
a parte che sta tirando da cani in eurolega ma oggi si è superato...a 10 secondi dalla fine cantu' è sotto di 3,lui porta palla..la tiene per 8 secondi e invece di provare il tiro da 3..o darla ai 3 compagni fuori dall'arco..la da sotto canestro a leunen che a 1 secondo dalla fine non puo' far altro che schiacciare non avendo tempo per fare altro...
in 32 anni non avevo mai visto una squadra che è sotto di 3 e non viene fermata da falli che non prova nemmeno il tiro ma va a schiacciare....neanche ci si puo' appellare alla differenza canestri perchè era al sicuro avendo già vinto di 11 in Italia..
a basile..ma vaffanculo va...

Saba88
Most Valuable Player
NBA Team: Lakers

Messaggioda Saba88 » 25/11/2011, 2:56

Concordo con Redden non si è mai vista una squadra che si accontenta di perdere, io personalmente sono contento del risultato visto che grazie a quel canestro da due ho vinto una schedina :lol: .

Su Milano non so cosa dire, di certo a settembre avrei detto che non era questa la partita da vincere, ma da come si sono messe le cose la partita di questa sera era fondamentale. Primo tempo pessimo dove Big Sofo ha letteralmente stuprato Bourousis e compagnia, grandissimo terzo quarto dove da tre entrava quasi tutto ma non è bastato ed ora la qualificazione è complicatissima.
Resistenza Belinelli N° 4

AJBlair
Most Improved Player

Messaggioda AJBlair » 25/11/2011, 3:03

e x il nostro idolo TJ Ford una bella virgola con 10 assist in 13 minuti 8)
Ho sbagliato qualcosa come + di 9000 tiri nella mia carriera. Ho perso quasi 300 partite. 26 volte mi era stato affidato il tiro della vittoria, e 26 volte ho sbagliato. Ho fallito + volte e più volte nella mia vita. E' x questo che ho avuto successo.MJ

boschiteo
Leader della squadra
Contatta:

Messaggioda boschiteo » 25/11/2011, 4:17

AJBlair ha scritto:e x il nostro idolo TJ Ford una bella virgola con 10 assist in 13 minuti 8)

hahaha!!
fasullissimi tra l'altro!! Guardando gli highlight si vede che lui non faceva altro che dare la palla ad uno stronzo in serata di grazia che tirava tranquillamente da 8-9 metri!!!
hahahahaha
Teo

Faccia
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda Faccia » 25/11/2011, 10:34

REDDEN ha scritto:In 32 anni non avevo mai visto una squadra che è sotto di 3 e non viene fermata da falli che non prova nemmeno il tiro ma va a schiacciare....neanche ci si puo' appellare alla differenza canestri perchè era al sicuro avendo già vinto di 11 in Italia..

Sul fatto che Basile stia tirando di merda in Eurolega concordo. Ma va beh speriamo si riprenda come si è ripreso in campionato.
Cmq sulla azione finale non è colpa sua, Trinchieri nel dopo partita ha detto che è stata una sua scelta perchè se fossimo andati ai supplementari, avendo problemi di falli, avremmo rischiato di perdere di più di 11 punti.
A me rode il sederino e parecchio anche, perchè l'unico con 4 falli era Marconato e cmq decidere di perdere una partita per paura di prenderle al supplementare è da codardi. A me non è piaciuta questa scelta, in Francia dovevamo provare a vincere, a maggior ragione dovevamo sfruttare il fatto che fossimo riusciti a isolare Batum che infatti il quarto quarto non lo ha praticamente giocato. Peccato aver perso Scekic proprio prima di questa partita, con lui la avremmo portata a casa, anche perchè una involuzione come quella di Ortner credo di non averla mai vista in vita mia. Adesso secondo me è dura, vincere in casa sia con il Caja Laboral che col Fenerbache è tutto tranne che facile.

REDDEN
NBA Legend

Messaggioda REDDEN » 25/11/2011, 15:26

Faccia ha scritto:
REDDEN ha scritto:In 32 anni non avevo mai visto una squadra che è sotto di 3 e non viene fermata da falli che non prova nemmeno il tiro ma va a schiacciare....neanche ci si puo' appellare alla differenza canestri perchè era al sicuro avendo già vinto di 11 in Italia..

Sul fatto che Basile stia tirando di merda in Eurolega concordo. Ma va beh speriamo si riprenda come si è ripreso in campionato.
Cmq sulla azione finale non è colpa sua, Trinchieri nel dopo partita ha detto che è stata una sua scelta perchè se fossimo andati ai supplementari, avendo problemi di falli, avremmo rischiato di perdere di più di 11 punti.
A me rode il sederino e parecchio anche, perchè l'unico con 4 falli era Marconato e cmq decidere di perdere una partita per paura di prenderle al supplementare è da codardi. A me non è piaciuta questa scelta, in Francia dovevamo provare a vincere, a maggior ragione dovevamo sfruttare il fatto che fossimo riusciti a isolare Batum che infatti il quarto quarto non lo ha praticamente giocato. Peccato aver perso Scekic proprio prima di questa partita, con lui la avremmo portata a casa, anche perchè una involuzione come quella di Ortner credo di non averla mai vista in vita mia. Adesso secondo me è dura, vincere in casa sia con il Caja Laboral che col Fenerbache è tutto tranne che facile.

dai questa scusa non regge..se cantu0 ne prendeva 12 in 5 minuti si doveva sparare...consideriamo che vincendo praticamente all'80% andava alle top 16...se poi non volevano i supplementari basile poteva tranquillamente palleggiare fino alla fine mentre all'inizio cercava volersi liberare per la bomba...
che poi per regolamente una partita ai supplementari dovrebbe essere sempre considerata vinta di 1 ..beh questo l'ho sempre detto
RESISTENZA BELINELLI N.0

THE PRESIDENT

RESISTENZA GENTILINO N.0

BELINELLI 3POINTS CONTEST CHAMPION 2014

shaq91
All Star Game
NBA Team: Denver Nuggets

Messaggioda shaq91 » 25/11/2011, 16:28

Ahahah il baso oltre al tiro c'ha pure l'allenatore ignorante :lol:
Peccato perchè se cantu vinceva erano top16 praticamente certe (che con quella squadra è un risultato incredibile) peccato...
Milano invece ieri ha dimostrato che senza gallinari è una squadra senza capo ne coda...
Cosa non molto incoraggiante se si pensa che il gallo potrebbe tornare a denver entro fine anno... Ieri contro baby shaq (che non sono io ma è big sofo :lol: ) sono stati stuprati come una verginella svedese in una stanza con rocco siffredi (che paragoni di elevata cultura)
Non riesco a capire seriamente perchè non hanno ancora tagliato gente come nicholas e giachetti : ieri non solo a punti hanno scritto 0 ma quel poco che hanno avuto palla hanno pure fatto danni
Unica buona notizia : il gallo sembra stia tornando in una condizione discreta : ieri 24 senza forzare nulla , prendendosi una marea di liberi e tirando relativamente poco
Cosa interessante che sta iniziando a mettere su il mid-range che tutti sul forum gli chiedono
Peccato solo che non abbia segnato i liberi sull'ultimo antisportivo : la partita sarebbe andata sul -5 con la palla in mano a loro con 30 secondi da giocare

Darkman
Superstar NBA

Messaggioda Darkman » 25/11/2011, 21:54

Ieri un buonisso Gallinari...24 silenziosi tenendo la squadra a galla e non facendo il mangiapalloni....Milano soffre per la panchina inadeguata, Giachetti e Rocca impresentabili per l'Eurolega, Radosevic troppo giovane e inesperto e alcuni giocatori fuori forma e fuori dal sistema....comunque non era questa la partita da vincere e la possibilità di arrivare alle top 16 c'è ancora.
Immagine

Torna a “Coppe Europee e Campionati Esteri”